Wednesday 6 April 2011

My project...

Christ is in our midst! 

I am currently working on compiling a Book of the Hours, or Agpeya, that is a beautiful fusion of the Byzantine EO and the Coptic OO forms--because I am EO, I do apologise in advance of any bias that may appear.  I am currently working on the Midnight Hour and will be using a more formal English version as a base.  I will use the Psalter as published by Holy Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Monastery, since it was translated to be used liturgically, and it also uses more formal English.  The format of the Psalms, however, is especially beautiful in the Coptic usage and I want to preserve that. 

It would also be helpful to compile a comprehensive list and collection of EO and OO services, including the various liturgies in their various forms.  If anyone has any services saved as a PDF file, please feel free to contact me and send them to me, or simply post them as a link in a 'Comment' on this post. 

Great Lent is also drawing to a close, which means Holy Week is just a week and three days away.  May we continue to look joyfully to the glorious feast of the Resurrection of our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ--our Great and Holy Pascha who was incarnate for us and our salvation. 

Through the prayers of St. John Climacus and St. Mary of Egypt, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment