Wednesday 27 July 2011

Project Part One of...

Christ is in our midst!

As promised, I have been working on my Agpeya projects, and I have finished a couple of drafts of the First and Third Hours, according to Coptic Orthodox usage.  I am waiting for a couple of Coptic Orthodox friends to proof-read my first couple drafts, and then I will finish the others.

After I finish this one, I will be working on a hybrid that synthesizes the EO and OO traditions of praying the Hours.  This is not to stir a pot of any kind, but rather to help prepare us for reunion.  Both the EO and OO will find the layout familiar and easy to use, but will have an element of, "oh, this is different."  The tradition of praying the Hours has changed from the time of the Apostles to the split of the OO and EO in 451 AD, and while my attempt at marrying the two traditions will likely be a poor one, I hope it will serve as a springboard for the Ecclesiarchs of the OO and EO churches to work on this now and have liturgical forms in place for concelebration and joint prayers that will be faithful to both traditions.

If you would like to preview my drafts, search for me on the Tasbeha.org forum and I will send them to you.

Forgive me,

stavros tou theou

No comments:

Post a Comment